Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery encompasses a wide range of procedures including:
- Extraction of erupted and impacted teeth
- Emergency management of dental and facial injuries
- Surgical correction of jaw deformities
- Detection and management of oral pathology
- Surgical Endodontic procedures
- Pre-prosthetic surgery
- Exposure of impacted teeth for orthodontic alignment
- Dental implant placement
- Sleep apnea treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of TMJ disorders
Sometimes prior to the fabrication and placement of a dental prosthesis, certain oral surgery procedures such as sinus lifts, bone grafts, bone remodeling and tissue recontouring are needed to ensure the best outcomes of care. These procedures allow new dental crowns, dentures or dental implants to have the best fit and to achieve the maximum level of comfort as well as optimal function, and appearance.
With several years of advanced specialty training, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons are well trained in all types of dental anesthesia and sedation and can ensure patient comfort during surgical procedures.